If three sisters and one brother own a home does it take all four if them to sell it or just one?

Asked about 2 years ago - Glasgow, KY

three sisters and one brother own their parents home and the parents have passed away does it take one or all four to sell it

1. Joseph Luke Beyke

Pro

1

Answered . In order to transfer voluntarily you would need unanimous consent. If you cannot obtain unanimous consent you may need to file a partition by sale action and force a sale. Any person that owns and undivided concurrent interest in land can seek a partition. Certainly if you can work something out without going to court that would likely be better for everyone involved. But, I realize there are times when working something out becomes impossible.