If there is two co-owners husband and wife doesn't both signatures have to be on approved rental agreement.it's half my house,

Tacoma, WA |

My name wasn't signed on rental contract,I am a co owner of our rental home,as is my husband. I may be under the impression it's not really a legal doccument now. So can I myself evict the renter of the month to month agreement myself? Giving him the 20day notice,and certified notice. Any other notices I may need?

1. I don't think it will matter much what the law provides for this issue. I think a judge will say she or he is not willing to punish an innocent tenant because you and your husband cannot get along. Don't embarrass yourself by having to hear this in court. Work this out with your husband.

DISCLAIMER The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Responses are based solely on Pennsylvania law unless stated otherwise. When answering questions on AVVO, attorneys are prohibited from directly soliciting business. Don't take this as an indication of lack of interest. James S. Tupitza

2. I agree with the previous answer. The ownership of the property is in the marital community your husband acted as your agent if I understand the question. Either way the tenant has a duty to the property owner and the landlord and that appears to be the marital community. Your best use of time would be to hire a lawyer who handles landlord tenant issues to send all notices and get the timelines correct.
    Good Luck

Please be sure to indicate the best answer. If this answer was helpful, please mark as helpful below. Only. If and until you and I sign an Agreement for Legal Services, I am not your attorney. These answers are provided for informational and/or novelty purposes