If there is two co-owners husband and wife doesn't both signatures have to be on approved rental agreement.it's half my house,

Asked 5 months ago - Tacoma, WA

My name wasn't signed on rental contract,I am a co owner of our rental home,as is my husband. I may be under the impression it's not really a legal doccument now. So can I myself evict the renter of the month to month agreement myself? Giving him the 20day notice,and certified notice. Any other notices I may need?

1. Shawn B Alexander

Pro

1

Answered . I agree with the previous answer. The ownership of the property is in the marital community your husband acted as your agent if I understand the question. Either way the tenant has a duty to the property owner and the landlord and that appears to be the marital community. Your best use of time would be to hire a lawyer who handles landlord tenant issues to send all notices and get the timelines correct.
    Good Luck

2. James S. Tupitza

2

Answered . I don't think it will matter much what the law provides for this issue. I think a judge will say she or he is not willing to punish an innocent tenant because you and your husband cannot get along. Don't embarrass yourself by having to hear this in court. Work this out with your husband.