If there is an order of protection against you can you file an order of protection against that person

Asked over 1 year ago - Brooklyn, NY

Especially if the person keeps harassing you

1. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

3

Answered . Yes you can request an order of protection. It varies on whether the judge will grant it based upon the facts.

2. Howard A. Schwartz

3

Answered . It may not be easy but it is possible. If the person is a family member you can try filing a family offense petition in family court. If the other person's actions rise are criminal an arrest may be in order. You should consider consulting with an attorney. Good luck.

3. Lawrence Allen Weinreich

2

Answered . Yes you can. You can do that in Family Court or in Criminal Court if the DA will cooperate. See a family law attorney for assistance.

I hope you found this answer helpful and if so, please let me know by clicking the "Mark as Helpful" button at the bottom of this answer. It’s easy and appreciated. You can also choose a "best answer" if you wish. This is easy to do and greatly appreciated.

* This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy.

This advice is not meant to create an attorney-client relationship and is a general anwer to the question posed.
  4. Maria C. Tebano

2

Answered . Yes, you can request an order of protection if that person is harassing you. Whether the judge will issue cross orders of protection, is the issue.

5. Joseph A Lo Piccolo

2

Answered . You can try in family court if there is a familial relationship or with the police or DA.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
    Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net