If there is a typo in F1 EAD's end date. Will it assure that I am authorized to work till that date?

New York, NY |

Hello,

I'm currently on F1 with a EAD card. I realized that the end date mentioned on the EAD card has been incorrectly printed to a later date. Actual was 02/26/14 and the printed came out as 09/26/14. I took a info pass appointment with USCIS and was informed that they wont be changing the EAD and I can continue using the same.

Now, when dealing with other paper works like filing extension or change of visa, which date will be considered?
Will the date on my EAD (even though its incorrect) confirms the eligibility of my stay?

A USCIS error can come and haunt you later on if you rely on it.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

2. No one can assure you that. It is Service's responsibility to issue correct documents. It is your responsibility to alert them when they make a error. I would not rely on the information officer's words because if and when they hit you with allegations that you were working unauthorized even though the document says otherwise, you will not be able to prove that the office indeed told you that. Even if you can, the officer is not the Service and law is still the law. Use the document until the correct date and then ask for an extension if you are eligible.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

3. I agree with my colleagues.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.MyImmigrationLawyer.info NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.