Skip to main content

If there is a partition order in place but we agree outside of court to sell the home is the partition order still valid?

Santa Rosa, CA |

My ex- boyfriend filed a partition order, but also entered into a contract with a Realtor on two occasions to sell the home without me before it was granted. Since we agreed not to drag this out by suing him over this issue and just agreed to the Realtor, and sold the home... is the partition order still valid? We did see a referee but we had agreed to sell the home before we saw her only to help with the division of the proceeds.
Thank you

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


If there is a court order in place, you are bound by it. You may jointly apply to modify the order by consent to match your agreement.

I am not a CA attorney, laws vary from state to state, therefore you should always consult a local attorney.

If this answer was helpful, please mark it as helpful or as a best answer. This answer is for general education purposes only. It neither creates an attorney-client relationship nor provides legal guidance or advice. The answer is based on the limited information provided and the answer might be different had additional information been provided. You should consult an attorney.

Real estate topics

Recommended articles about Real estate

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer