If there a possibility that my husband could have his I-601A denied?

He has a misdemeanor for lying to a police officer about his name and he has a misdemeanor for driving without a license. He was approved for DACA and he came here when he was 8 years old without inspection.

Yes, there is. I-601A waivers are very complicated. I would not file for a waiver without talking to an immigration attorney.

Because a 601A waiver is discretionary, it can be denied based on the reviewing officers assessment of the facts and case. This is a very complex process and it is not as simple as filling out a form. I would strongly suggest this not be done without an experienced immigration attorney.

Abraham B. Cardenas, Esquire Cardenas Law Firm, P.C. Florida Office Address: Cardenas Law Firm, LLC 8150 SW 8th Street, Suite 122 Miami, Florida 33144 (786) 347-1605 Pennsylvania Office Address: Cardenas Law Firm, P.C. 18 S George Street, Suite 615 York, PA 17401 (717) 854-6400 Office Phone (866) 353-5570 Fax Number www.CardenasLawFirm.com (English) www.ConsultoriaJuridica.com (Spanish) The posting on this web site for viewing by potential clients or others interested in learning about legal topics does not create an attorney-client relationship. The fact that an attorney may informally answer general E-Mail questions does not create an attorney-client relationship. Attorney Abraham B. Cardenas is licensed to practice only in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and practices immigration law throughout the United States. This web post is for informational purposes only. An attorney-client relationship is formed only after the potential client meets with an attorney AND has paid the appropriate retainer fee.

Yes, if he fails to demonstrate that you would suffer extreme hardship.

Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Yes and on the facts presented, a good one.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.