If the policeman that wrote me the ticket doesn't show up to court what happens?

Whittier, CA |

i heard i can say not guilty and have nothing happen to me.

1. Is it a traffic ticket? When you first show up, no police officer will be present - that's called an arraignment. You can plead guilty there, but why? Plead not guilty, waive time, and set it for a court trial. If the cop doesn't show up, case dismissed. Otherwise, hire an attorney who can negotiate for you.

Mr. Feasel is a former Deputy DA in the SF Bay Area with over 10 years of criminal law experience. Nothing stated on this site shall in anyway be construed as legal advice, or as creating any attorney/client relationship. If you would like to hire Mr. Feasel to further investigate your situation, feel free to contact him thru this site.

2. If the officer doesn't show up for trial your ticket will be dismissed.

3. Ultimately if the cop doesn't appear when s/he is supposed to for the trial/hearing of the matter it will be dismissed.