If the plaintiff in a restraining order case does not show for the PRO hearing is the TOR dropped ?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Lamar, CO

i believe she was coerced or threatened into getting the TOR by members of her family and i don't believe she will show for the PRO hearing !

1. Richard Waldron Bryans Jr.

5

Answered . The purpose of such a hearing is to determine whether or not a civil protective order should be made permanent. If the plaintiff fails to appear for that hearing, the complaint/petition should be dismissed at that time.

2. Daniel Nelson Deasy

5

Answered . I agree with my colleague. If she fails to show up, the case should be dismissed.

3. James A Reed

Pro

4

Answered . Yes. If the person who is seeking a PRO chooses not to attend that hearing, the TRO normally gets dismissed and the matter is over. Until then the TRO is still in effect and it would be criminal for you to contact her.