Skip to main content

If the person at fault has insurance on a car but the car that was wrecked isn't insured, is the anyway it can be rolled over?

Goodlettsville, TN |

Could the insurance be used on the other car and who do I sue if the car is in their parents name and their child is 19 years of age?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Yes, you would still be covered by their insurance since the driver has auto insurance. You would sue the driver of the car and the owners. If the owners are the parents, you have to allege that the parents had responsibility for the vehicle and allowed the child to use the vehicle with their permission. It can get complicated so you might be best served by considering hiring an attorney to represent you. if you sue the wrong person, it could affect your ability to recover later on.

Nothing in this communication should be construed as creating an attorney-client relationship. I provide this service for educational purposes only. I will take no action on your behalf unless you have hired me and a written retainer agreement is signed. I am licensed only in Tennessee and I strongly suggest you consult with an attorney in your city and state as Statute of Limitation deadlines can limit your recovery.



What if the car that is wrecked not insured but the parent does have a insuranceon another car?

Stephen Alan Sauer

Stephen Alan Sauer


Unfortunately, these type questions can turn on very specific facts. There is no way I can tell you exactly how or if coverage will apply without reviewing the police report and insurance policies and discussing specifically who owned what and when. I suggest you contact a personal injury lawyer in your area to determine if there is insurance coverage and how it would apply.


You should take a copy of the police accident report and contact an attorney in your area who specializes in this type of action. Best of luck to you.

View my website & give me a call for a FREE consultation if you are a California resident 877-427-2752 or you can email me at I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference


Yes, however, you would want to retain a local personal injury lawyer as these cases are tricky.

Get Avvo’s 3-part personal injury email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer