Skip to main content

If the none-cust parent won't work to set up his supervised visits, does the custodial parent still have to take the child to it

Southfield, MI |

Custodial parent has tried to contact non-custodial parent to arrange his visits, he has been none responsive. Is she still required to take the child to the visit, even if the supervisor might not be there?

Attorney Answers 2

  1. After several missed visits (make sure you carefully document all the missed visits in writing, in a journal or log or something like that), you should file a Motion with the Court requesting that his supervised time be suspended due to the father's non-compliance, and the extremely negative impact it has on the child (as to the father's missed visits). As a parent myself, I am truly sorry you and your child are going through this. I wish you all the best of luck. Warmest regards, Matt Catchick.

  2. If there is no supervisor, you have no obligation to bring the child. Be sure to document and if this pattern continues, file action seeking suspension of parenting time. Argue that the pattern of failed visits is disruptive to and not in the child's best interests.

    This comment is designed for general information only, and should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.

Child custody topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics