Skip to main content

If the non-custodial parent hasnt paid chuld support in over a year does he still have full visitation rights?

Piqua, OH |

my child has gone her first week of summer visitation an he father hasnt been taking care of her.... ever and i dont understand why he would have any rights when he doesnt provide for her at all

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


The obligation to pay child support and the right to see your children are not related. Children and money are separate issues that cannot be held out against each other. If he hasn't paid support, take him back to court for enforcement or at least call CSEA and see if there is something they can do to help you. Denying visitation for child support reasons will simply get you into trouble.

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer