Skip to main content

If the mother was arrested for child support and bonded out (cash bond), will I get that cash bond, and how long does it take?

Dallas, TX |

Her parents had to pay $1500 cash bond and another $1500 to get her out of jail.. that's what they say. What is the process before I get it? Do we have to wait until after the scheduled court date for the judge to release the bond money for child support?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


There likely was a purge amount. That means in order to get out, most people have to pay all or some of the outstanding support obligation. If that is what happened then whatever the purge amount was will be provided to the obligee.

This is not to be considered legal advice nor does an attorney-client relationship exist.



she is already out and paid the $1500 cash bond and another $1500 to get out.. can you explain to me how that works?

Karen L. Marvel

Karen L. Marvel


In a family law case the cash bond is automatically forfeited to you at the next court hearing. Check with the Attorney General's office to find out when you are due back in court next. It usually takes about 30 days to be processed through the District Clerk's office and sent to the State Disbursement Unit.


You will have to wait for her to show-up at court to get the money. The judge will have to order the bond money and the other monies to be paid to you. It willprobably take a few days after the order is signed to get a check for the monies.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer