Skip to main content

If the mother of my children have been absent from their life for 6 years with no contact would that be child abandonment?

Liberty, MO |

The mother of my 2 children in 2008 left the state with no contact at all with my kids (son age 4 at the time daughter age 2) and was not heard from for a year then after the one time wasn't heard from till a week ago just to say she wasn't giving me any money for the kids because of getting papers in the mail about childcare reimbursement from the state and the asked to see the kids that don't know her as mom but know my wife who has been helping me take care of them for the last 4 years as mom . Just wanting to find out is there some legal action I can take that (other than the physical and residential custody I already have)can prevent her from easily coming back in their lives to try to pick up where she left off 6 years ago?

Attorney Answers 1



Hire counsel, do the investigation to seek admissible evidence and set a plan

Mark as helpful

Family law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics