Skip to main content

If the mortgage is not affordable, can you use the funds from the trust to pay for it.

Elk Grove, CA |
Filed under: Living trust

The trust does not turn over to me until 1/1/2027 but states in the trust funds could be used to pay for house.

Attorney Answers 2

  1. You don't give any are the beneficiary of a trust? What are the terms of the trust? Does it say you are entitled to "support and maintenance"? The trustee may be able to make discretionary distributions to you for your living expenses - you should approach the trustee, perhaps with your own attorney, to determine what you are entitled to, if anything.

    This is not legal advice nor intended to create an attorney-client relationship. The information provided here is informational in nature only. This attorney may not be licensed in the jurisdiction which you have a question about so the answer could be only general in nature.

  2. Based on your statement and the posted comments you added, you should consult with your own trust attorney for an in-depth review of the situation. There isn't enough information here to provide you with much guidance. You can contact the local bar association for a referral or use the Avvo Find a Lawyer tool. Good luck.

    ** LEGAL DISCLAIMER ** My response above is not legal advice and it does not establish an attoreny-client relationship. When responding to questions posted on Avvo, I provide a general purpose response based on California law as I am licensed in California. In reviewing my response, you are specifically advised that your use of, or reliance upon any response I provide is not advisable. I do not have all relevant background details or facts related to your issue / matter, thus I am not in a position to give you legal advice. Further, your review, use of, or reliance upon my response does not establish an attorney-client relationship between us nor does it qualify as a legal consultation for any purpose. For specific advice regarding your particular circumstances, you should consult and retain local counsel. Law Offices of Eric J. Gold Telephone: 818-279-2737 Email: service@egoldlaw.con

Wills and estates topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics