If the law is the same no matter what, how can one be a better lawyer over another?

New Orleans, LA |
Filed under: Business

Ok, the law codes are the same, but how does one lawyer say, this lawyer is the BEST, or is better than I? Just asking I got refereed to another lawyer.....

Unfortunately, the law is not black and white, and unfortunately, it's not that simple. Plus, just like any service provider, some are just plain better than others.

Think of doctors. Medicane is the same everywhere, but some doctors are better than others.

Think of math teachers. Math is math, but some are just better than others at what they do. Some work harder. Some care more. Etc.

Mr. Wolfe is correct. Also, the law is a people business and sometimes a lawyer may be very good, but you may not like him/her. Sometimes is not just about the legal skills, but whose personality, style and strategies you like better.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create, an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response may change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Louisiana. Responses are based solely on Louisiana law unless stated otherwise

Business topics