If the HOA forecloses and becomes responsible for the 1st deed, how does that effect me and my credit ?

Asked over 3 years ago - Sacramento, CA

Will the mortgage company release me of my responsibility? The HOA takes away my interest in the property by foreclosing, does the HOA also assume my responsibility to the mortgage as well? If they don't pay the mortgage does that reflect on my credit report?

1. Frank Wei-Hong Chen

Answered . If the HOA takes title, then the HOA becomes responsible for paying the mortgage. If you allow the HOA to foreclose, it will already appear negatively on your credit report.

2. Bernard James Conway

Answered . The HOA foreclosure will not relieve you of the mortgage debt. Until you complete a transfer of title - you're still on the hook.