If the feds let you go and tell you youre under investigation how long is that process before you know if you are free or not

Asked over 1 year ago - Freehold, NJ

my friend allegedly set up a drug buy and when he was going for the transaction dea and fbi surrounded us. He was calling and texting these undercover agents so they had him red handed. i loaned him money in followed him in a different car i didnt ask for details but he was going to pay me back extra that was my role. I personally didnt know or care what he was buying. they question me about being his partner and they wanted me to say i knew what he was buying and all his plans. after hours and hours of them trying to get me to say what they wanted me to say to no avail they let me go and told me that I'm under federal investigation. what should how expect

i think its wrong for them to charge me with conspiracy or drug trafficking what do you think. they released 3 of us and kept him

1. Yolanda Navarrete

11

Answered . They will continue investigating until they find enough evidence to charge you or until a decision is made to proceed no further with you. You should not write about anything on line and speak to no one about this except your attorney. You made some confessions here with your question. This may used by the Feds in their investigation.

2. Benjamin G Kelsen

10

Answered . No way to know. Hire an attorney immediately. Doing so early on may prove helpful.

3. John Thomas Doyle

10

Answered . There is no way to know how long you will be under investiagation but you should hire a defense attorney to deal with your situation and any possible pending charges.

4. Dean P Murray

9

Answered . You owe it to yourself to contact a lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues. If you appreciate the time spent preparing this answer, kindly consider marking it BEST ANSWER or HELPFUL. Also, please be sure to read my disclaimer below. Good luck to you.

Dean P. Murray
    The Murray Law Firm
    560 Sylvan Avenue
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
    T: (201)875-2600
    F: (201)549-8700

5. Mark M Cheser

8

Answered . Could go either way. They may want you or they could think it is small potatoes. Retain an experienced criminal defense attorney or have one you can call on short notice. Do not speak to them without an attorney.

One or more answers have been taken down.