If the father signs to a custody agreement before the master granting relocation can he change his mind afterwards?

Asked about 1 year ago - Newark, NJ

Just attended a custody order where the I was awarded primary physical custody and full legal. In the agreement signed by both parties in front of the master, the agreement granting me permission to relocated with the child to another state because of employment. The master asked was the father consenting to the relocation and he said, yes! The order was signed off by the master along with the out of state visitation schedule. As it gets closer to the date of the move, can he later change his mind about the relocation?

1. Jef D Henninger

Answered . We don't have "masters" in New Jersey. I assume this was a hearing officer. He can change his mind at any time and file a motion with the court. I wouldn't worry about it until and unless it happens.

2. Anthony J Van Zwaren

Pro

1

Answered . From the facts you present, if he stated his consent to the order as signed off by the special master then the only way he could change his mind would be to file a motion or petition for a rehearing. He would also have to provide some substantive reason for changing his mind.