If the father of my son gave all his rights up in court can he ever get them back?

Asked 9 months ago - Sacramento, CA

I had a cps case in 2007 and we had to take classes I did all mine but he refused to do his and the judge said so your giving up all rights to your son he said yes. the judge said if I was in trouble that he could not get my child. well now he wants to take me to court and get his rights back can he do that.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Cathleen Elisabeth Norton


    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . No, not if his legal rights were terminated in dependency court.

    If you found this answer helpful, let me know by clicking the "Mark as Helpful" button or "Best Answer" at the... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,091 answers this week

2,917 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,091 answers this week

2,917 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary