If the district judge set my bail at ror can the county court change that at my Formal Arraignment

Asked over 3 years ago - West Chester, PA

if the district judge set my bail at ror can the county court change that at my Formal Arraignment i had set up an agrment with the ada and they judge ruled that i did have enough proff i held up the agrement and waived my agrment now he set my bail at ror and the county court change that at my Formal Arraignment

1. Adam D. Zucker

Pro

Answered . It is unlikely that that The Chester County Court of Common Pleas will change your bail at arraignment. They can revoke the bail if you get into more trouble. But otherwise they should leave it where it is currently set.

2. Arik Tzvi Ben-Ari

Pro

Answered . The answer to your question is yes, it's possible, though it's very rare. Generally, there would have to be some new development in your case for the DA to all of a sudden request that bail be revoked or raised. They will often do this if you've violated a bail condition or if you've had a new arrest.

3. Robert L. Keates

Answered . Generally speaking, a change in bail can be argued for (either increased or decreased) when there is a change in circumstances that affects the release status, for example, if new information arises that the judge did not consider at the time of the original setting.