If the court is telling you one thing and your lawyer is something else who should you believe?

Lanham, MD |

I called the court and told me i still had to wait but my lawyer said it should be any day now that i should receive my check.

Listen to your lawyer. Also, the check has to clear his/her trust account before your check can be cut.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

Court personnel don't necessarily give correct information over the phone. Lawyers are not perfect either, but your lawyer is responsible to you and is more likely to be giving you correct information. What kind of check are you asking about, by the way?

Any opinions stated in response to Avvo questions are based upon the facts stated in the question. Responses to Avvo questions are for general information purposes only, and should not be construed or relied upon as legal advice.

The check is a settlement check

I would contact the court and confirm that the date the check was processed.

The information presented here is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. The Goodman Law Group, P.C. recommends that you consult an attorney with experience in your specific legal issue. Please contact us to schedule a confidential discussion of your situation. Such communication does not create an attorney-client relationship of any kind until a formal engagement agreement is signed by both you and the Goodman Law Group, P.C.