If the county has a creek and drainage pipe running along my property, who is responsible to fix it when it needs it?

Asked over 1 year ago - Knoxville, TN

The county has a creek that runs adjacent to my property line and flows into a 3' drainage pipe. The creek is so eroded that it is eroding my property and falling trees through eroding their root base (60+ ft trees). They refuse to fix this, but offer a program where I pay $2,800 and they pay roughly $5,600. Unfortunately, we do not have an extra (nearly) $3K sitting around, we have 4 children. I really just want ot know if the county is responsible or is this one of the "perks" of being a homeowner? This is in Knox County, TN.

1. Cheryl Rivera Smith

Answered . It is a perk. Sorry.