If the cops show up with a warrant for some ones arrest and the warrant only has their maiden name can they still arrest them

Asked about 1 year ago - Frankfort, KY

my wifes last husband disappeared and they are trying to say she had something to do with it

1. Joshua D Farley

7

Answered . I'm assuming that the police may show-up with a warrant for your wife's arrest. If that is the case I recommend that you contact a local criminal defense attorney ASAP. My office is located in Frankfort and I would be happy to assist you. It is always best to get ahead of things like this, so that you can prevent an arrest and any charges if possible. Technically a warrant with an incorrect name on it is invalid, but if the officers are aware that your wife is the same person that is listed on the warrant they can still arrest her. I am fairly confident that it would hold-up in court. Even if it didn't, the police would simply seek a warrant under her married name and arrest her then. You need to contact a local criminal defense attorney ASAP.

2. Anneshia Miller Grant

Pro

5

6

Answered . She should immediately seek the advice of an attorney.

3. James Donald Garrett

5

5

Answered . If the police know she goes by her married name now, they may just get another warrant with that name listed as an AKA, or the warrant may be amended after the arrest. The wrong name is not going to stop the process entirely, maybe delay it for a few hours or perhaps a day or so. Have her contact an attorney immediately for advice.

4. Frank Mascagni III

5

Answered . Have your wife contact a criminal defense attorney ASAP. www.kacdl.net