If the cops show up with a warrant for some ones arrest and the warrant only has their maiden name can they still arrest them

Frankfort, KY |

my wifes last husband disappeared and they are trying to say she had something to do with it

1. I'm assuming that the police may show-up with a warrant for your wife's arrest. If that is the case I recommend that you contact a local criminal defense attorney ASAP. My office is located in Frankfort and I would be happy to assist you. It is always best to get ahead of things like this, so that you can prevent an arrest and any charges if possible. Technically a warrant with an incorrect name on it is invalid, but if the officers are aware that your wife is the same person that is listed on the warrant they can still arrest her. I am fairly confident that it would hold-up in court. Even if it didn't, the police would simply seek a warrant under her married name and arrest her then. You need to contact a local criminal defense attorney ASAP.

The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action.

2. If the police know she goes by her married name now, they may just get another warrant with that name listed as an AKA, or the warrant may be amended after the arrest. The wrong name is not going to stop the process entirely, maybe delay it for a few hours or perhaps a day or so. Have her contact an attorney immediately for advice.

Responding to questions on AVVO does not establish an attorney-client relationship between the questioner and any attorney associated with Garrett Law Group, PLC. Responses should be considered and used for informational purposes only. Every case is unique in its facts, and all legal matters should be discussed with a licensed attorney prior to making any decisions or taking any actions.

3. She should immediately seek the advice of an attorney.

4. Have your wife contact a criminal defense attorney ASAP. www.kacdl.net

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..