If the cited violation is for preferential parking, but in fact it should have been for no parking, is the ticket still valid?

Filed under: Parking tickets

I was provided a parking violation at 10:32pm in which the cited violation 8058L (preferential parking) does not apply on the street. In fact, there was no sign in regards to that violation. However upon further inspection, I saw a No Parking sign from 6pm-8am. Given that the said violation is incorrect, does this warrant a dismissal of the ticket. My argument is that a ticket is only valid if all reasonable details are correct (so a wrong color but correct plate and vin does not count), but if the cited violation does not exist, then how is this a valid/complete ticket? I am not violating what I am said to be violating.

The violation exists if it is the correct plate number. I do not understand how you did not violate the restrictions .

Andrew Roberts (818) 597-0633/ (805) 496-7777

The cited violation does not apply for where I parked. The enforcement officer cited me for preferential parking when in fact if I were to have violated any rules, it should have been for no parking. However, my concern is that it should not be up to the driver to speculate that the violation was for something else. The ticket says I violated preferential parking, and the fact is that I did not. That should be sufficient to dispute the ticket. Other signs should not matter as it does not relate to the cited violation.

Traffic tickets topics

Recommended articles about Traffic tickets