If the child support is terminated by a judge since the child lives with me and the mom is now ordered to pay me support can she

Asked almost 4 years ago - Circleville, OH

ask for child support again if the child returns to her home? she has been with me for bout a year because her mom is under investagation for child abuse and the judge just ordered my support to be terminated and for her to pay me

Attorney answers (2)

  1. David Scott Bartos


    Contributor Level 10
    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . Any person can ask for support if the child resides with them. Just because the judge terminated her receiving support once does not stop her from obtaing a support order if the child returns to her. Support ends when the 1. child is 18 and out of high school, or 2. when the child turns 19, whichever occurs first.

  2. Ronald S. Pichlik

    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . Whoever has the minor child residing with them can go to court, or back to court to get child support.

Related Topics

Ending child support

State laws vary as to when child support actually ends, but many set it at the age of majority (legal adulthood) or upon the child's high school graduation.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

33,930 answers this week

3,653 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

33,930 answers this week

3,653 attorneys answering