If the child support is terminated by a judge since the child lives with me and the mom is now ordered to pay me support can she

Asked over 3 years ago - Circleville, OH

ask for child support again if the child returns to her home? she has been with me for bout a year because her mom is under investagation for child abuse and the judge just ordered my support to be terminated and for her to pay me

1. David Scott Bartos

Best Answer

Answered . Any person can ask for support if the child resides with them. Just because the judge terminated her receiving support once does not stop her from obtaing a support order if the child returns to her. Support ends when the 1. child is 18 and out of high school, or 2. when the child turns 19, whichever occurs first.

2. Ronald S. Pichlik

Answered . Whoever has the minor child residing with them can go to court, or back to court to get child support.