If the Alabama Department of Public Safety chose not to suspend my license, will that decision help me in court for my DUI?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Florence, AL

I got a DUI about a month ago and my license was taken away. I received my letter from Public Safety and it said that they chose not to suspend my license because the notice/affidavit sent to them was insufficient. My license was taped to the back of this letter so I now have it back.

1. Patrick Mahaney

Pro

2

Answered . No, it will have no effect whatsoever. The driver license suspension under the Administrative License Suspension Act and the state's Driving Under the Influence statute are entirely separate statutes. The fact the Department did not proceed with an administrative license suspension will not affect the pending criminal case.

2. Randy William Ferguson

2

Answered . I agree with the other two attorneys. It will not make a difference.

3. Larry Thomas McMillan

2

Answered . Probably not.

Call an speak to an experienced DUI attorney in your area.