Skip to main content

If the house you rent is deemed uninhabitable or condemned and your rent current is landlord liable to relocate you

Sylmar, CA |

if the rental you have lived in for more than a year is condemned or deemed uninhabitable due to serious health and safety defects as well as serious bld code violations and tenant can provide proof that the landlord was informed in writing of the problems and given 4 months to cure problems but did nothing are thay responsible to relocate tenants

Attorney Answers 1


Although Sylmar does not have rent control, it would appear to be an actionable breach of the lease entitling you recover moving costs and the reduction in rental value.

Mark as helpful


Sagar P. Parikh

Sagar P. Parikh


Sylmar does have rent control. It is part of LA.

Brad S Kane

Brad S Kane


Mr. Parikh is correct. You should contact the Los Angeles Housing Department. If the City of Los Angeles Rent Stabilization Ordinance applies, you are probably entitled to a rent refund and relocation assistance.

Real estate topics

Recommended articles about Real estate

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics