If someone was bench warranted and they were at a SAFP and still here. Does there time start over or will it pick up where left

Dallas, TX |

In Henderson, texas at SAFP. Was bench warranted back to Dallas County. He was given a release date of May 20th. He is still in jail. Never brought back to Henderson. Will he have to start his time over if sent back to Henderson? He has 70 or so days left. Actually 9 more Mondays after today.

He won't have to start over, but safp is in charge of his discharge. So it will be up to them.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.

If he was bench warranted back and it wasn't related to something he did at SAFP then he should be able to restart the program roughly where he left off. SAFP is a good program and he should take full advantage of his time there.
Austin Drug Lawyer

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website,