Skip to main content

If someone wants to take you to court for child support then wants to drop the charges can the state pick up the charges?

Peoria, IL |
Filed under: Child support

Someone i know wants to take their ex to court for child support then said they were going to drop the charges, but can the state still take them to court even if she doesn't?

Attorney Answers 2


If the custodial parent receives public aid for the child, yes.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


yes, the state can pursue the case if the child support recipient or the children ever received public aid in any form including medical benefits.

Mark as helpful

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics