Skip to main content

If someone sues you in court for money supposedly owed and for an unreturned engagement ring what can happen?

Monroeville, PA |

Can the person take your car and personal belongings if you cant afford to pay what he is asking?

Attorney Answers 2

  1. If he obtains a judgment against you he can then execute on that judgment, which may include sheriff sale of any real or personal property you own (subject to certain exemptions). You might want to hire an attorney to avoid him obtaining a judgment against you because after the judgment is entered it's nearly impossible to undo.

  2. If that person wins, s/he gets the ring and the money.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.