Skip to main content

If someone steal my childs social security card and file taxes,what can I do about that?

Eden, NC |
Filed under: Tax law

The mother is on SSI.

Attorney Answers 3


You should report it to the Social Security Administration and the IRS.

Best wishes.

Mark as helpful


See (in English and Spanish).


Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful


This is a crime. Report the incident to your local police. Also, report the crime to the Social Security administration and the IRS and anywhere else you know the identity was used.

Any individual seeking legal advice for their own situation should retain their own legal counsel as this response provides information that is general in nature and not specific to any person's unique situation. Circular 230 Disclaimer - Advice given in this response cannot be used to eliminate penalties with the IRS or any other governmental agency.

Mark as helpful

Tax law topics

Recommended articles about Tax law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics