If someone receive work permit in the US can they travel outside the US, if their visa is expired,?

Asked over 1 year ago - Brooklyn, NY

Would they be able to come back to the US.? what exactly can they do in order to get back to the US?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I hope you are kidding when you ask this question. Why? Because it does not take a rocket scientist to understand that EAD does not confer any legal status. It is said on the document itself. It is how and why you were found eligible for the document and whether the document is a combo card that would make one able to answer your question.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866)... more
  2. Giacomo Jacques Behar


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Read the annotation on your EAD. Doesn't it state that having an EAD is not proof for status or for readmission to the US?

    One can have an EAD issued to him/her for a multitude of reasons, including while in removal proceedings in immigration court.

    To be able to be readmitted to the US after foreign travel you need to be "admissible" in an otherwise valid non immigrant status, not be inadmissible due to previous overstays or illegal entries, both of which can make you "inadmissible" for 3 or even 10 years.

    Have your situation be examined by a competent immigration attorney before you do something foolish you'll regret for the rest of your life.

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be... more
  3. Andrew Marino Bramante

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You provide too little information. What do you mean by a work permit? If you mean an EAD, what was the basis for the EAD? Whether you can travel and what you must do BEFORE you travel depends on these two things. Contact a good attorney to help you sort it out.

    Andrew M. Bramante, Rosner Partners, 216-771-5588. Free telephone consultation. You should always consult with... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,967 answers this week

3,033 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,967 answers this week

3,033 attorneys answering