If someone plans on flying to hawaii as an illegal immigrant with a valid drivers license will TSA be alerted?

Asked over 2 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

someone asked me if I knew the above response and hence I am turning the question over to you

1. Grady G Gauthier

Best Answer

Answered . Agree, there is a risk, but when traveling domestically TSA is concerned that you are who you say you are based on valid identification. TSA is generally not looking into your immigration status. That being said there is still a risk which increases if you committing or have committed any crimes in the US.

2. Kyndra L. Mulder

Pro

2

Answered . If asked to produce a passport at any stage in the travel then the person may find him/herself in trouble.

Flying to Hawaii you are not leaving the U.S. owever you are taking a big risk as border patrol often checks flights.

3. Donald Kyle Sheppard

Answered . Most flights to Hawaii will be from an interntaional airport which will incrase the likelihood that a CBP officer could ask for a passport even if it is a domestic flight. It is a risk that most don't take since it only takes being stopped one time to change a person's life.

4. Neil Ian Fleischer

Answered . I agree with Ms. Mulder. There will always be a heightened risk
    www.immigrate2usa.com