If someone lied to the police to have someone arrested and they arrest that person. The person went to jail. what can they do

Asked over 1 year ago - Duncanville, TX

how can that person correct the wrong doing

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Macy Michelle Jaggers


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Hire a defense attorney to work your case. That's all you can do. Most of us offer free consultations. I would start calling around as soon as possible to set up a few so you can get a better understanding of the legal system and why an attorney will be necesary to help you.

    Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers... more
  2. Richard Timothy Jones

    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Contact the accused's defense attorney after you have consulted with an attorney.
    Austin Jail Release and Bond Assistance
    Austin Probation Lawyer
    Austin Criminal Lawyer

    My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client... more
  3. Evan Edward Pierce-Jones

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . A person wrongly accused should begin by getting the very best criminal defense lawyer they can.

    Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,828 answers this week

2,942 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,828 answers this week

2,942 attorneys answering