If someone have green card more than 16 years he or she cant spake english can they apply for citizenship.

Newark, NJ |

Hello, I have a question if someone have a green card more than 16 years but they cant spake or write a english can they apply for citizenship what they have to do for that if any immigration lawyer answer my question please.

Thank you

Karam

1. A person who is over age 55 and who has been a Lawful Permanent Resident for at least 15 years may take the naturalization civics test using an interpreter.

Also, a person who is over age 50 and who has been a Lawful Permanent Resident for at least 20 years may take the naturalization civics test using an interpreter.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.

2. I agree with my colleague. If you are currently over 55 years old you may apply to take the test in your native language.

973-984-0800. Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.

3. Only if the person is at least 55 years old.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.