If someone has two middle names, and he is filing out a form that asks only for one middle initial, which one should he use?

New York, NY |

if someone has two middle names, and he is filing out a form that asks only for one middle initial, which one should he use?

1. Odd question for this forum to be sure but here goes...I would use whichever of the two middle names you have customarily used in the past.
    In other words, if your driver's license has one middle name, use that initial. It makes sense to use the middle name that you use most often.
    If you prefer to use both names or their initials, attach something in writing explaining this.
    Good luck
    LAW OFFICE OF MICHAEL MARLEY
    PHONE 917 853 4484

2. This really doesn't sound like a criminal defense question. Use whichever one you like.

3. Put both in the answer box.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 385-8015 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

4. If possible, use both middle initials. Remember, we had a president recently with two middle names.

This answer is for informational purposes only. DO NOT rely on it as legal advice. Many times there are not sufficient facts to properly respond to a question. Nothing in this answer should be construed as creating an Attorney-Client relationship. If you need legal advice, you should contact a licensed attorney.

5. Review how your over meant issued Id is generated and go from there.

The above answer does not constitute an attorney client relationship and/ or retention of counsel. This answer is based upon the facts presented and may change if additional information is provided. The rules of the Bar for New York State may require me to advise that this could be construed as attorney advertisement.