If someone has an order of protection against me, is it possible that I can move?

Asked over 1 year ago - Bronx, NY

My neighbor has an order of protection against me for 2 years. I was just wondering if I can use that to move because I really don't even wanna see this guy at all not even by mistake.

1. Joseph A Lo Piccolo

2

Best Answer

Answered . You can move for any reason. The order of protection should not restrict your movements.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
    Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

2. Eric Edward Rothstein

3

Answered . You can move but it won't help you break your lease if that is what you are asking.

3. Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Pro

2

1

Answered . The order of protection would only effect your moving closer to the neighbor, not farther away.

4. David Ivan Bliven

Pro

2

Answered . Is your issue that you want to break a lease? If so, you must post this question under the category "Landlord/Tenant." If the issue is that you have children and wish to see whether this is a basis to move with them over the other parent's consent, then I encourage you to call a Bronx Co. Child Custody lawyer to schedule a follow-up consultation.

* If you found my answer to be helpful, or the "best answer," please feel free to mark it accordingly.
Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now