If served with response to divorce and temp hearing set for days from it can I ask for continuance based on no time to prepare?

I filed for divorce had spouse served with paperwork. I have not heard from him and hearing is very soon. My concern is he will serve me at the very last minute before the hearing and I wont have time to prepare. Can I ask for a continuance and will it likely be granted under the circumstances?

Seattle, WA -

Dave Hawkins

Dave Hawkins

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - Seattle, WA

What type of hearing -- the final hearing schedule 91 days after you swerved him?

Frances Turean

Frances Turean

If it is a hearing for temporary orders and he gives you his response at the last minute, show up to the hearing and ask for a continuance so you can reply. It will likely be granted.