If served with response to divorce and temp hearing set for days from it can I ask for continuance based on no time to prepare?

Seattle, WA |

I filed for divorce had spouse served with paperwork. I have not heard from him and hearing is very soon. My concern is he will serve me at the very last minute before the hearing and I wont have time to prepare. Can I ask for a continuance and will it likely be granted under the circumstances?

1. What type of hearing -- the final hearing schedule 91 days after you swerved him?

The information is for general information purposes only. Nothing stated above should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation.

2. If it is a hearing for temporary orders and he gives you his response at the last minute, show up to the hearing and ask for a continuance so you can reply. It will likely be granted.