If served with response to divorce and temp hearing set for days from it can I ask for continuance based on no time to prepare?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Seattle, WA

I filed for divorce had spouse served with paperwork. I have not heard from him and hearing is very soon. My concern is he will serve me at the very last minute before the hearing and I wont have time to prepare. Can I ask for a continuance and will it likely be granted under the circumstances?

1. Dave Hawkins

Pro

3

2

Answered . What type of hearing -- the final hearing schedule 91 days after you swerved him?

2. Frances Turean

4

Answered . If it is a hearing for temporary orders and he gives you his response at the last minute, show up to the hearing and ask for a continuance so you can reply. It will likely be granted.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now