If seeking a civil harassment in L.A. County Superior Court does sheriff service cover requirements of notice?

Burbank, CA |

My friend is seeking a T.R.O. against neighbor who had a permanent R.O. against her and used it to abuse and harass her including getting her arrested for an alleged violation. She wants to make sure she does not have to mail a copy to them also. Bonus- In the obtaining of her R.O. against my friend said neighbors kept changing their story (making it sound more dire) then committed "perjury" under oath on CH-110 forms and by citing the court transcripts. Neighbor said her nanny and the judge heard a "statement" but it is not noted in the official court transcripts as she claimed my friend assaulted her by spraying her with a hose (it never happened). Though nanny testified there was no mention of this "incident". Then they cited this in a subsequent court proceeding. Penalties?

The prosecution for perjury is almost nil, unfortunately many jdges believe that all or most people lie. They do, however, take into consideration the nature of what they believe to be lies and liars when they make findings in their rulings. Patent liars, when discovered, are often ruled against when there is a question of fact. It is an imperfect world, what can I say.

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and I have practiced over 38 years and can be reached at 213-819-1171. I practiced mainly in Los Angeles and Orange County, California. I am not seeking clients from existing relationships with other attorneys, and give only limited advise over the phone (the phone is primarily used to set appointments), these services do not create an attorney client relationship. I apologize for mispelling< as I am a lousy typist, My answers may offend as I do not believe in pulling punches or sugar coating the truth. Further regarding courts in other states my opinions are largely based on logic and what I think is the modern trend which is to consider the needs of the child.

Thank you sir. I am not from California and though I fear what you say is applicable across the country. What truly amazed me in this state the First Amendment to the Constitution seems non existent as far as some judges are concerned. All I can do is hope when this matter goes forth that the FACTS that these people lied on the documents, during the initial hearing, and in the reconsideration hearing will reach the level of "patent liars" and my friend will get some form of justice in the end.