If probation does not even know my husbands current address

Asked over 1 year ago - Providence, RI

I have no clue of where my husband is, I did a people search and found an address but I do not even know if its right. He was on probation and his probation officer said ge has been missing for a few years. When I go to court after they try to serve him at this address can I use what pribation has said. I mean if they dont know then how will I know where he is since ge does not want to be found.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Katherine Godin

    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It sounds like you are trying to use the fact that your husband is not living at his current address as evidence in some court proceeding, perhaps to show an inability to serve him with papers? In any case, it is possible that you could go to court, get a copy of the bench warrant that the court most likely has issued (since he is probably in violation of his probation for failing to check in with them and maintain his current address with them), as well as a copy of the court papers showing what address they tried to find him at, to use in whatever case you have going on. Since the case file is a matter of public record, you can go to the clerk's office and copy those items for your records. If you are going to try to use them in a legal proceeding, you should probably ask for certified copies.



Confidential information should not be disclosed on this website, since it is available for viewing by any member of the public.

    Any answer I submit on this site does NOT establish an attorney-client relationship with you. The answers I provide are meant for general educational purposes only.

    I am an attorney who practices criminal defense and appeals in RI and MA. Because the laws in each state can be vastly different, I cannot guarantee that any insight I have on a particular area of law apply in your jurisdiction.

    If you have an attorney, and an answer I provide differs from the answer your attorney gave you, you should probably rely on your attorney’s answer, since he or she is the one who is familiar with you and the facts of your case.

  2. Ryan Alexander


    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I don't really see what your question is. But it looks like you are going to have to hire a private investigator to find your husband.

    Clark County, Nevada practitioner.
  3. John C Belcher

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Respectfully, it sounds like you are looking for evidence that you can offer to the Court to prove that you do not know where your husband is, even though you may. I mean who are you trying to convince? If someone serves your husband at your home, you don't have to go to court at all, since you are not the person charged, and if your husband has a VOP warrant, he has to go to court in any event, whether he is served at your home or not. However, if I were you, I would consult with local counsel concerning your possible exposure for harboring a fugitive or some similar charged under RI law.


Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,717 answers this week

3,121 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,717 answers this week

3,121 attorneys answering