If priority date becomes current while family based i-130 is still under initial review, is it possible to file for i-485?

Asked 10 months ago - Falls Church, VA

priority date is currently Nov 12th 2012 but with recent speculations i believe the priority date might become current for F2A category.
I hear different theories online about whether one can or cannot apply I-485 if his/her Priority date becomes current while I-130 is still under review. Can you please help to clarify what is one supposed to do when facing such a situation. Thank you.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

Pro

5

Answered . Not possible. It is possible to try and hire an immigration attorney to get the I-130 back on track, but it not possible to file I-485 until the I-130 is adjudicated and approved.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

4

Answered . This is what is called a slippery-slope ... meet with an attorney ... 8 months is a long time for an I-130 to be pending.

3. John Grayson Davidson

3

Answered . No.

Free Consultation Anywhere in USA | 626-399-4194 |ICannHelpYouNow.com | John1Davidson@gmail.com