If placed on ten years post release supervision in new york state is it possible to be released from it at an earlier date?

Glens Falls, NY |

I have already served 28 months of the term and I am curious to see if it is possible to be released after serving half the term. I have completed all required courses and classes after my release. Also, I have maintained steady employment with promotions after 3 days of release.

1. It is possible but difficult. How do you have 10 years? Did you receive consecutive sentences? Usually it's a 5 year maximum for PRS.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
    Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.

2. Not likely.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.