If petitioner is choice of agent for beneficiary on I-130, do immigration accept copy of immigration application?

Chesapeake, VA |

Beneficiary will be faxing the information back to petitioner, who will then mail it to the immigration. Do immigration require original application or can it be copy?

USCIS will want to see original signatures. Ask the petitioner to send the paperwork via a courier.

www. gardnerandmendoza.com (757) 464-9224 Follow our immigration blog at: http://www.gardnerandmendoza.com/immigration-blog/. The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Do you mean ask the "beneficiary"? I am the petitioner who is agent for my spouse. You are saying I could scan/fax her the application, but she would need to mail it with her original signature rather than faxing it back to me?

Olga Antle

Olga Antle

Form I-130 is signed by the US citizen petitioner. Beneficiary is the foreign national and does not sign this form.

We have already gone past that I-130 application. I was referring to the immigration application that gets sent to beneficiary, where she has an option to add petitioner as the agent. If petitioner can send her the immigration application over fax, can she simply sign it and fax it back so the petitioner can mail it to immigration? or will immigration require the original they sent to the petitioner?

Olga Antle

Olga Antle

All applications must be sent with original signatures.

I agree with my colleague.

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. Consult with a qualified attorney before making any legal decisions. Gen Kimura, (832) 247-6932.

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics