If parents divorced 7 years ago with equal parenting time in their plan, what happens when one decides to relocate out of state?

The parent that is moving isn't planning on taking the children.

Portland, OR -

Attorney Answers (1)

Diane L Gruber

Diane L Gruber

Family Law Attorney - West Linn, OR

First, check you divorce judgment to see if re-location is mentioned. Obviously, the parenting time schedule will need to be changed (& child support, probably): you first need to discuss this with an attorney, then approach the other parent with your ideas about how to change the parenting time schedule. If that doesn't work, you will need to file a modification with the court. Give me a call. Also, check out my "legal guide" about parenting time on my profile page on this website. Diane

Be sure to designate "best answer." If you live in Oregon, you may call me for more detailed advice, 503-650-9662.... more

Related Advice

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.