If parents divorced 7 years ago with equal parenting time in their plan, what happens when one decides to relocate out of state?

Asked over 1 year ago - Portland, OR

The parent that is moving isn't planning on taking the children.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Diane L Gruber


    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . First, check you divorce judgment to see if re-location is mentioned. Obviously, the parenting time schedule will need to be changed (& child support, probably): you first need to discuss this with an attorney, then approach the other parent with your ideas about how to change the parenting time schedule. If that doesn't work, you will need to file a modification with the court. Give me a call. Also, check out my "legal guide" about parenting time on my profile page on this website. Diane

    Be sure to designate "best answer." If you live in Oregon, you may call me for more detailed advice, 503-650-9662.... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,335 answers this week

3,227 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,335 answers this week

3,227 attorneys answering