If only arrested once but for multiple offenses, can diversion or expungement be acquired for all 3 together or separately?

Asked about 1 year ago - Lebanon, TN

So If I was arrested for 3 misdemeanor offenses and it was my first time ever being in trouble with the law, how does the process of diversion work? would diversion for all 3 be possible? if not could they later be expunged after paying the fines or going through probation for the others?

1. David Henry Veile

Pro

1

Answered . If you have no prior criminal history, it may be possible to address all three charges in a single diversion, especially if the charges all stemmed from the same event. Under current law, if you are convicted of more than one offense and are not granted judicial diversion, none of the offenses could ever be expunged.
    Depending on the jurisdiction, there may be other options, as well.
    Feel free to contact me for further discussion.
    But you need to retain counsel as soon as possible.

2. William Kevin Hodges

Answered . In most cases yes all three can be taken care of in one diversion. Each jurisdiction may have slightly different processes for getting diversion but you should be eligible for it. I highly recommend you hire an attorney to help. The court process can be overwhelming and you need someone to help guide you through it. Good luck.