If only arrested once but for multiple offenses, can diversion or expungement be acquired for all 3 together or separately?

Lebanon, TN |
Filed under: Criminal defense

So If I was arrested for 3 misdemeanor offenses and it was my first time ever being in trouble with the law, how does the process of diversion work? would diversion for all 3 be possible? if not could they later be expunged after paying the fines or going through probation for the others?

If you have no prior criminal history, it may be possible to address all three charges in a single diversion, especially if the charges all stemmed from the same event. Under current law, if you are convicted of more than one offense and are not granted judicial diversion, none of the offenses could ever be expunged.
Depending on the jurisdiction, there may be other options, as well.
Feel free to contact me for further discussion.
But you need to retain counsel as soon as possible.

Any information provided is intended for general informational purposes only. This is NOT legal advice, and no attorney/client relationship has been created. You should consult directly with an attorney to obtain answers to any legal questions.

In most cases yes all three can be taken care of in one diversion. Each jurisdiction may have slightly different processes for getting diversion but you should be eligible for it. I highly recommend you hire an attorney to help. The court process can be overwhelming and you need someone to help guide you through it. Good luck.

"Nothing in this communication is meant to establish an attorney-client relationship. The information is provided for educational purposes only. No action will be taken on your behalf unless you have have hired me and entered into a written retainer agreement. I am only licensed in Tennessee and I suggest contacting an attorney in your specific city and state as soon as possible to avoid any statute of limitations deadlines, if applicable."