If on probation and someone files a police report on you does that report get sent to the probation officer?

Rochester, NY |

I got drunk one night and woke up in a ladys back seat of her car. the car was in her dirve-way the door was unlocked. I left my phone in her car so she called the police. the officer used my phone to call my dad to find out who i was. I met up with the officer later that day to get my phone back and he told me she was not going to press charges, So would that report still go in the computer system and will my probation officer find out?

The police have a database for any police contact they have with civilians, even if no arrest is made. Whether your probation officer will have access to that, i cannot say. i would advise you tell your PO since it is police contact and that is one of the required reporting aspects of your probation.

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.

In most instances, someone on probation is under a requirement to report all police contact to their probation officer. Under that definition, you would be required to report the contact even though no arrest was made. If not, you could be considered to have committed a technical violation. You should try to remember if you are required to stay away from alcohol as that could be another violation. To that end, you should try to keep facts to a minimum when posting questions on any website. Good luck.

I have been a criminal defense attorney in New York for over 20 years. website: Phone #: 718-208-6094 email: This answer is only for informational purposes and is not meant as legal advice.

I do t necessarily believe that any report as a result of this would automatically make its way to your probation officer. Keep in mind, however, that you are required to report to your PO and police contact. If you don't and the PO becomes aware of it you may very well get violated.

DUI topics

Recommended articles about DUI