If my work start date is October 1st what is the earliest exact date I can enter the US on my H1B visa?

Asked 10 months ago - Chicago, IL

I had a J1 visa for a couple years. Now I will start my new job on October 1st on my
H1B (everything approved, already got the visa stamp since I'm vacationing in Germany right now). I know that I can only enter the US 10 days prior to my job start date, but I am a little bit confused what exact date that means since I found people saying that the earliest date of entry is 09/20 or 09/21. So my question is which one is it? I already booked my flight back for the 20th and if I have to change it to the 21st I need to know soon. Thank you very much in advance.

1. Karen-Lee Pollak

3

Answered . You should be fine with a flight on the 20th

2. J Charles Ferrari

3

Answered . September 20

3. F. J. Capriotti III

2

Answered . Good question, I recommend September 21 ... but have heard the people enter w/o problems on the 20th.

4. Gunda Johanna Brost

Pro

2

Answered . Did you take the time change into consideration?

5. John K Lassen

1

Answered . Sep 20

www.BulgarianImmigrationLawyer.com

John Lassen 1-877-252-4630