If my work contract ends on July 10th, and the H1B visa expiration date is July 11th. When is the last day that I can stay?

Asked over 1 year ago - Chicago, IL

The H1B visa is with a school institution. I thought that at least there would be a week or a month to get out of the country without having any problems.

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

5

Answered . You would leave on or before July 11th.

2. Sasha O. Lazarevich-Sinnott

3

Answered . The last day you can be here is July 11th unless your I-94 states that you were granted a 10 day grace period following that date to depart the US.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

3

Answered . My colleague is correct ... look at your I-94 ... that is your departure date.

4. Julia Sverdloff

Answered . The date on your I-94 controls.

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not meant to be relied upon as legal advice.